Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Vessel Project~

Questions
Did you try something that you weren't sure about as part of this project?  Yes, I tried to created my elephants ears around the body making sure it would slide out so that the opening of my vessel would be locked and secure. Sadly, it shrank in the kiln and the ears do not work as they intended to, but hopefully I can apply this knowledge to my future projects~

Did you pick a material or technique that was new or different over something that was familiar? I picked a material that I felt was familiar to me, because I remember I love working with clay, but I hadn't used it in such a long time that It was like a whole new material. I'm glad I got to work with it again and became a little less rusty.
Questions
How did you use your own unique ideas in your work? I tried to create something I didn't think I'd ever seen before, which was making an elephant into a sleek shaped kettle, and I just tried to imagine what kinds of things I could add to it to make it even more interesting.

Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original? After I finishing sculpting my piece and had it fired I realized it I could make it fun by taking some inspiration from the elephants in Dumbo because it would be much more interesting than having a plain old elephant. i would get to create the lil hat and frills and add extra colors and shades.

Questions
When did you step back and analyze you work during this project? Yes, I tried my best to monitor the progress of my piece and make sure it was coming along how I wanted it. It actually did most times except when the top shrank in the kiln, which I suppose couldn't be helped u x u"

Did you consider how ideas would work before you tried them? Yes I, carefully planned the design of my elephant before forming it because I had a specific idea about how I wanted it to look and made sure my ideas matched my vision.


No comments:

Post a Comment