Size: 3.5 inches tall and 1 foot and 1 mm wide at the top.
The design element that was stressed most for this project was form. I, being indecisive and always willing to experiment and create something unique, I decided to create an eight pointed star, that when placed in my square slump mold, formed a flowery look. I liked how the slump mold helped the points upward, and allowed them to touch gently. From this project I learned that in everything you design, form and shape matter. Just one slight of the hand could cause something delicate to break or to wriggle around and wedge itself uncomfortably, causing cracks. If I were to do this project again, I would want to apply the red clay thicker, because it seemed to have lightened in the kiln, and maybe attach the points together a bit better. Although it was a bit of a wilder design, which took a bit of effort, I'm very proud of how it turned out. I love working with clay and although I may not have the delicate hands for it yet, I hope I do one day. This piece of art actually holds my little trinkets and pens for now, and is a constant reminder that, "No, I am not the best, but I am improving, bit by bit, and loving it every step of the way." ^^