Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Origami Project~

Questions
How did you use your own unique ideas in your work? I used my own ideas in this piece by creating a uniquely shaped box heart and painting and adding things you don't think would work together but they seemed right to me.
Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original? I got my own inspiration from pondering on how hearts worked. Then I thought that maybe I could make a heart that pumps diesel instead of blood and worked using gears. 
Questions
What is this artwork intended to say? My art is intended to say that most things are not what they seem because the gears are sewn inside the heart and that life leaves you broken and scarred (hence the scar shaped paper running up and down the sides) but you can handle it.

What issues are you examining through your artwork? I think the paint consistency isn't the best but I think it adds to the roughness look :o

How is this artwork about who you are or what you like? It shows my love for how things work or how they seem and takes them into a new thought process.  It also shows how I was able to use many different and fun materials and shapes together in one piece which I find in itself is an accomplishment.

Questions

Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project? I learned new techniques on this origami piece by making a 3D shape out of cardboard, which is something I'd never actually done. I also learned how to use paper and paint is a way that blends well across the piece.

Did you gain skill with familiar materials? Yes, I'd used paper before but I enhanced my skills by creating them into new shapes and using them in different ways instead of as the plain old canvas, they're normally used for.

No comments:

Post a Comment